Sugar Free Dessert Recipes
wishes to find some sugar free dessert recipes.
Everyone has a sweet tooth and why canít those who are
supposed to lay off the sugar be any different. Usually, a person
who wishes to create a sugar-free dessert is either trying to lose
weight, avoid a cavity or is diabetic. Today, there are many sugar
substitutes that can replace the need to bake or cook with sugar.
Another trick is to use fruits and fruit juices, which contain
natural sweeteners. Below you will find various sugar free dessert
recipes for you to try out:
Sugar Free Fudge
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
chocolate squares (1ounce each) melted and cooled
1/2 cup sugar
substitute (aspartame sweetener)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1) In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, chocolate,
sweetener and vanilla until smooth.
2) Stir in pecans.
3) Pour into 8-inch square baking pan lined with foil.
4) Cover and refrigerate overnight.
5) Cut into 16 squares. Serve chilled.
8 frozen phyllo dough sheets, thawed
1/4 cup butter or
6 Tablespoons no-sugar-added black cherry fruit
spread 1 1/2 tablespoons cherry liqueur (optional)
teaspoon cold water
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Lightly brush each phyllo sheet with butter; stack.
3) Cut through all sheets to form six (5-inch) squares.
4) Combine fruit spread and cherry liqueur, if desired.
5) Place 1 tablespoon fruit spread mixture in center of each
pile of eight phyllo squares.
6) Brush edges of phyllo with butter.
7) Fold edges over to form triangle
8) Gently press edges together to seal.
9) Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
10) Beat together egg and water and brush over phyllo
11) Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown.
12) Cool on wire rack.
13) Serve warm or at room temperature.
Diabetic Dutch Apple
1/4 c Flour
1/2 c Quick
1/2 ts Cinnamon
5 c Sliced
Sweetener equal to 1/2 c
Unsweetened frozen apple juice concentrate
Pie crust for 1 crust pie
1/4 c Flour
1/2 c Quick
Ĺ c Equal Sweetener
1 ts Cinnamon
1 pk Sugarfree instant vanilla pudding mix
1/2 c Butter or
1) Mix flour, oats, cinnamon, and sweetener with a fork.
2) Pour over
sliced apples and mix well.
3) Pour apple juice over top of apples and mix well again.
4) Put apple mixture in pie crust; set aside.
5) For topping: mix dry ingredients with fork.
6) Add butter and cut into dry ingredients with a pastry
blender or 2 knives until it resembles coarse crumbs
7) Pour mixture over pie filling and press down evenly over
8) Bake at 400 degrees for 45-55 minutes.
3 c Flour
3/4 lb Butter; softened
1/2 c Water
margarine if desired
1) Blend all ingredients.
2) Roll into balls using about 1 teaspoon of dough.
3) Place on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with the bottom of a
glass dipped in flour.
4) Bake at 350 degrees until the edges begin to brown, about
Diabetic Devil's Food
1/2 c Cocoa
1/3 c Sugar (or
1/2 c Boiling
3/4 c Liquid egg
2 c Cake
1/2 ts Baking soda
1 ts Vanilla
1 1/2 ts Baking powder
1/2 c Margarine,
1/8 ts Salt
1) Stir together cocoa and boiling water until smooth.
2) Set aside to cool to room temp.
3) Place flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar in
mixer bowl and mix at low speed about 1 minute to blend.
4) Add egg substitute, sweetener, and vanilla to cocoa
mixture and mix well.
5) Add margarine to dry ingredients along with cocoa mixture
and mix well at medium speed about 1 minute.
6) Pour into 9" square or 9x13 cake pan that has been greased
7) Bake at 350 F for about 30 minutes, or until a cake tester
comes out clean and cake pulls away from the sides of the pan.
8) Cool in the pan and cut 6x3 to yield 18 pieces.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons low-sodium baking
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
cups slice bananas (3 ripe bananas)
1/3 cup canola
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened orange
Nonstick cooking spray
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2) Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and
cinnamon in a bowl.
3) Stir to blend.
4) Puree the bananas in a blender.
5) Add the bananas and remaining ingredients and mix well.
6) Pour into a loaf pan that has been sprayed with nonstick
7) Bake for 40 to 50 min. Cool on a wire rack.
to return from Sugar
Free Dessert Recipes back to Useful
Diet and Exercise Info.